Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Heaven On Earth

Hello again,

The weather is really beautiful this week at Shingle Cottage and the sky and sea are blue,washing is outside blowing in the breeze and i am freshening up the cladded walls in our beach cottage in a soft antique white paint....


Today would be a perfect day to drive not too far from Shingle Cottage to a chalky white path on a cliff top over looking the sea....


With big skies...


And views of blue sea....

With six miles of white hard chalk cliffs.....


That take your breath away and are a hundred feet high in places.....

With crashing waves and calling sea birds gliding below.....


And secret caves....


And nesting birds.....


With  round padded green grass tops.....


And wonderful views and walks for as far as the eye can see.....


It's a sight to behold and another little piece of 'Heaven On Earth'.....here is a little film i made so you can see just how lovely it all is....



I hope you are well and enjoying your week....

Will you join me next time for more tales and goings on from Shingle Cottage?...

XxX

15 comments:

  1. Heaven on earth...beautiful. We have nothing like this on our coast. We have cliff areas but they do not have that rounded shape and are definately not chalky white. I think you live in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Truly...the English seaside is my favorite along my own Northern California Coast. Your dream has come true Krissie at Shingle Cottage. I am so happy for you and thankful that you share it with us. xxo Kerrie & Bella Bleu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerrie :) so happy you enjoy seeing our coast line,it really is beautiful,yes my dream came true,i am blessed and so lucky to live near so much beauty,sending love to you and sweet Bella Bleu xxxx

      Delete
  2. Wow, what beautiful photos. Can understand that it`s heaven on earth.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) wishing you a wonderful week xxx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous shots....amazing pictures!
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Alessandra,enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my! and I thought I lived in Heaven on Earth! What a beautiful corner of the world you live in as well Krissie! I loved the video! You are a sweetheart for sharing this beautiful place with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teri :) heaven is all around us all i think,nature always does it the best though doesn't she? enjoy your day xxx

      Delete
  6. Oh, how I miss the chalk cliffs of England! Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ladyfi they might be missing you too! thank you enjoy your day xxx

      Delete
  7. Lovely views K, so fortunate that you live so near the sea, just like me! I'm also glad to see you are posting more regularly! Have a lovely weekend. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sharon :) yes we are lucky indeed! i love living by the sea,ah yes i am trying my best ;) i hope you are well and wish you a wonderful weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aah, Flamborough Head. On a beautiful day it must be magic. The only time I've ever been there it was raining in circles, blowing a gale & I thought I was about to join the fulmars! Thank you for your lovely video, absolutely beautiful. Enjoy your Spring & don't forget to keep sending progress reports from the magic Shingle Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Frances you joining the fulmars made me laugh,i can just imagine it as we have visited on a day just like that and it was wild! it is a really beautiful place as you know,i am hoping to go back soon to see the puffins nesting,thank you happy Spring to you too! yes i will,i am hoping to blog more regular,have a wonderful day xxx

      Delete
  10. Do you know... I think I can smell the sea, feel the sun, and hear the gulls. Lovely atmospheric shots, thanks for sharing them.
    Bye for now, Frances (a different one though)
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop me a line,i always love to hear from you x